What can you do with the toolkit?
The Humanizing Online STEM Toolkit is provided to prepare you with high-quality, research-based professional development resources you can use at your institution.
- Adopt the Academy. The Humanizing Online STEM Academy is available for institutions to adopt in the form of a Canvas export file. The file may be imported into your local Canvas instance and adapted so you may facilitate the Academy locally for your faculty. From Canvas Commons, search for #HumanizingSTEM to locate the course and other shared resources. Get help with Commons.
- Examine the data. Review a preliminary research brief about how the Academy is impacting STEM faculty perceptions, teaching behaviors, and online student experiences.
- Print and distribute the infographic. Receive a 2-page, printable version of the Humanizing Online STEM infographic and share it with your colleagues.
- View/share videos. Access a YouTube playlist of videos from the Academy that you may embed in your local professional development offerings.
- Explore humanizing showcases. Explore examples of humanizing by Academy participants from a variety of STEM disciplines.
How can the toolkit be used?
The resources in the toolkit were created with grant funds from the California Education Learning Lab. Unless otherwise noted, they are shared with a Creative Commons-Attribution-Noncommercial (CC-BY-NC) 4.0 license, which means you are free to adapt and re-use them with proper attribution provided that your re-use is not revenue generating.